Centralising a web page/site

Guest Little Peach

Guest Little Peach

Hi thereI'm new to this forum, and would be grateful for some advice re: centralising pages in Dreamweaver.I started learning web design in the Spring this year, using Dreamweaver, and for a relative novice, have been able to put some really effective, simple sites together for our advertising company.We now want to modernise our design style a bit, using more CSS, tiling, etc, and centralising the page position. I've found some good tutorials for the former two, but have found no info on how to centralise the page in Dreamweaver. If anyone can help with this, I'd be ever so grateful. I'm a visual, rather than code, designer, so please keep it simple!Many thanksLittle Peach

Well what i understand you want the hole page centeredthis is an exampel code

<frameset cols="*,760,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">    <frame src="Left.htm" name="leftFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize>    <frameset rows="150,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">  <frame src="Top.htm" name="topFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize>  <frameset rows="*" cols="110,650" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0">  <frame src="Meny.htm" name="leftFrame1" scrolling="NO" noresize>  <frame src="Middle.htm" name="mainFrame">	</frameset>  </frameset>  <frame src="Right.htm" name="rightFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize></frameset><noframes><body></body></noframes>

the (*,760,*) text tells that the page are centered. you can then leave left and right to be empty space

for CSS use;body {text-align: center;}
I recently learned that there is a small problem with this when it comes to ForeFox and Opera browsers. To fix this issue you must do:
body {text-align: center; margin: auto;}

I think it's like this because text-align aligns the content inside an element but not the element itself. Besides... the thing that wasn't aligned is a table...Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and suggest a better solution if any.