Photoshop CS 2

vchris

Is there a way in PS CS 2 on windows xp to have the background of the app transparent? I think it's like that on a mac, well can it be done on a pc?

Ohh, so you want the background of your shortcut icon to be transparent? Its not on windows vista? Try a gif and in cs 2 use the magic background eraser. Say if that works. BTW, send me CS 2 :), I only have elements 2 0.o

What part exactly you mean again? Show a screenshot with a mark over what you want transparent.The methods for transparent icons and transparent taskbar have been told already.Do you mean the background of the text of an icon (label)? If so, click with the right button on "My Computer" and select "Properties". Click the "Advanced" tab and click the first "Settings" button. In the new window, check the seond last checkbox: "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop".

Here's a screen shot of what I want. No it's not the desktop icons. It's the photoshop cs2 software itself. I want to know if the gray background of the app can be transparent.

What he is talking about it the way that Mac applications work, or The Gimp, where the toolbars and windows are not contained in a larger window. To my knowledge there's no way to set that after the fact. When they are building the application they can specify what color, if any, they want the main window to be, but unless Photoshop provides a way to change the setting in software, then it can't be done.But The Gimp is set up that way.

Vista requirementsMicrosoft Vista Home Basic• 800-megahertz (MHz) 32-bit (x86) processor or 800-MHz 64-bit (x64) processor• 512 megabytes (MB) of system memory• DirectX 9-class graphics card• 32 MB of graphics memory• 20-gigabyte (GB) hard disk that has 15 GB of free hard disk space• Internal or external DVD drive• Internet access capability• Audio output capability Microsoft Vista Home Premium, Microsoft Vista Business, Microsoft Vista Enterprise, and Microsoft Vista Ultimate• 1-gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) processor or 1-GHz 64-bit (x64) processor• 1 GB of system memory• Windows Aero-capable graphics card• 128 MB of graphics memory• 40-GB hard disk that has 15 GB of free hard disk space (the 15GB of free space provides room for temporary file storage during the install or upgrade.)• Internal or external DVD drive• Internet access capability• Audio output capability

Actually, you can simulate the effect quite closely. Just click "Restore Down" button on the top right corner (to the left of the Close button) of the Photoshop application window. Then just resize the application window down. That way, you can see your computer desktop, your graphics file that is opened, and your photoshop toolbars, palettes and menus.Hope that helps. :) ps. if you're into color correction of your photos for example, the usual advise is to use the grey background, so your colour sense is not affected by a colourful desktop picture.

Actually, you can simulate the effect quite closely. Just click "Restore Down" button on the top right corner (to the left of the Close button) of the Photoshop application window. Then just resize the application window down. That way, you can see your computer desktop, your graphics file that is opened, and your photoshop toolbars, palettes and menus.Hope that helps. wink.gifps. if you're into color correction of your photos for example, the usual advise is to use the grey background, so your colour sense is not affected by a colourful desktop picture.
Was just about to post that :)The photoshop image/tool/info windows are kept seperate from the background if you just press the restore button, not the minimize button. :)

Actually, you can simulate the effect quite closely. Just click "Restore Down" button on the top right corner (to the left of the Close button) of the Photoshop application window. Then just resize the application window down. That way, you can see your computer desktop, your graphics file that is opened, and your photoshop toolbars, palettes and menus.Hope that helps. :) ps. if you're into color correction of your photos for example, the usual advise is to use the grey background, so your colour sense is not affected by a colourful desktop picture.
Works pretty good. Thanks!