File Properties Access with ASP

tyneet

I have a set of Excel files. In each file there's a "Title", "Core Team","Date","Team of Three" block on the sheet. I'm duplicating this data in the Comments section (except "Title"). How can I get ASP to read the file properties?Thanks,Tony

You need to save the file as a CSV file and then you can read it and split up the lines to get your data.
My excel file has 7 sheets in it and can not save this file as a CSV file unless I split each sheet into a seperate file. This will not work for us. There are multiple sheet formulas that I can not split up. Plus we use a template file. So there will be multiple files that I want to read the property information. So I need to read the .xls properties files.Any other options?Thanks justsomeguy for the help!!!!!!!! Really appreciate it.Tony

you can probably do this with an instance of the Excel.Application. It would mean that you need Excel installed on your server as well as the appropriate permissions set for IIS to access Excel. You will then need to study up on the methods and objects that Excel exposes through automation.To get you started:<%@ language="vbscript" %><%Dim oExcelDim oWorkbookDim oWorksheetSet oExcel = Server.CreateObject("Excel.Application")Set oWorkbook = oExcel.Workbooks.Open("workbook.xls")Set oWorksheet = oWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1")Response.Write(oWorksheet.Name)%>