Possible to reference existing element to satisfy element in complex type?

Guest SCADA Guy

Guest SCADA Guy

I have a schema like following:------------------- SCHEMA ----------------------------------------------------------<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><xsd:schema targetNamespace="schema.xsd" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns="schema.xsd" xmlns:mstns="schema.xsd" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><xsd:complexType name="Type1"> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="Type1.Name1" type="xsd:string"/> <xsd:element name="Type1.Name2" type="xsd:string"/> </xsd:sequence></xsd:complexType><xsd:complexType name="Type2"> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="Type2.Name1" type="xsd:string"/> <xsd:element name="Type2.Name2" type="Type1"/> </xsd:sequence></xsd:complexType><xsd:element name="element1" type="Type1"/><xsd:element name="element1" type="Type2"/>------------------- /SCHEMA ----------------------------------------------------------Then, I want to know if this is possible to do somehow?-------------------- XML ----------------------------------------------------------------<ns:element1> <ns:"Type1.Name1>Josh</ns:"Type2.Name1> <ns:"Type1.Name2>JPearce</ns:"Type2.Name1></ns:element1><ns:element2> <ns:"Type2.Name1>JFred</ns:"Type2.Name1> <ns:"Type2.Name2>{Somehow insert a pointer/reference to the already defined 'ns:element1 element above}</ns:"Type2.Name2></ns:element2>-------------------- /XML --------------------------------------------------------------------I realize that there is not a unique id for the <ns:element1>, so that would have to be achieved to reference it. Is this someting that is done, or is my thinking about this off?Thank You.