SQL On A Web Page

Guest freakinacage

Guest freakinacage
:) I want to create a webpage for a list of productsthe products will be in a database which, obviously, will be on the net too.basically what i want is a page that uploads all the info i need for the product the user clicks on, rather than having to have a page for each thing as this would get kind of messy!Any ideas?

Welcome to the forums, glad to see another new member.Are you saying that you would like to create a page that uploads a comma delimited text file that contains all your product information to the server. Then parses the text file and inserts the data into your database?

Welcome to the forums, glad to see another new member.Are you saying that you would like to create a page that uploads a comma delimited text file that contains all your product information to the server.  Then parses the text file and inserts the data into your database?

I think what he wants is to have his page query the database for the product the user clicked on and have it populate the Product Fields (e.g. price, description, etc.) on that same page (right???). That way he would have one page, but it would be able to work for all products. He is afraid right now that he will have to create a separate page for Product A, Product B, etc. and when a user clicks on Product A it will have to take him to the separate page he created for that product.

You will need a server side language like ASP.Net or PHP and a database.you can you the querystring to determine the productpage.aspx?productId=334 or whatever.Your server side code will read the querystringRequest.QueryString["productId"].Then you need to query the database looking for product 334.