Clarification needed on web services with php

rar_ind

ppl i m new to web servicesthese days i have been consumming webservies using soap functionlaityin php/pear...i have a doubt...if we create a wsdl based webservice in php,will it generate a wsdl file and do we have to provide it to de party ho wants to use the service...is this applicable??thanks in advance...

I'm confused as to what position are you in right now.As far as I'm aware, the process of creation is to set up the WS server to accept certain types of SOAP requests and return certain types of SOAP responses, which the other application then deals with. In order for the other application to know what to expect in your response and to know what to send, it needs a WDSL file which you of course publish if you want your WS to be usable. Otherwise you save local copies and no one gets your WDSL, thus it doesn't use your WS.I don't have any experience is WS yet, so I'm not sure of all this, but that's just the impression I've got. If you already consume WS, you might be the one to clarify how.