Teamup!

ngaiox

I was working on a project called MyPHPBoard (now abandoned since my teammate Benjy355[something like that] abandoned me at the last minute). So, I was wondering if ANYONE will team up with me to continue the project. We are starting from something very basic. I am hoping that more than one person will help me build this board. There are supposed to be two versions. The Dynamic Version and the Lite version.Remember, this is a voluntary job. There will be no pay. I am going for it.And I ask that no one tell me to edit a pre-made one or anything like that. I need a teammate. So, if anyone is willing to help, send me a message on MSN Messenger at ngaiog@aol.comI will give you the zip file of what I have so far. It is unbelievably basic at the moment. Not fool proof. Extremely hackable. So I will need people who know at least 2 of the below. PHPHTMLXHTMLJavaScript(Possibly) AJAXI only know PHP, XHTML and HTML.Anyway, send me an IM, and we can start this project.Thank you.

Great. The project is to be a forum. Quite Dynamic really. We will first start out with MyPHPBoard 1.0 LiteIf we are satisfied with it's progress, we will make the second version. We will need two teams. Lite Team and the Dynamic team. Lite team is the team that works on the lite version and Dynamic is the one that works on the dynamic version. We are going to need at least ten people.

You want a 10-person team with no pay? Just out of curiosity, what are you going to be doing with the forum? Are you going to be hosting it for your own personal use? In that case, you would be the client. Or are you going to have a website where you either sell it, or give it away? Assuming you had ads on the page, either way you're going to be making money off it.And what is the difference between a lite and dynamic version, and why are two versions required?

Don't run off justsomeguy's question!!Those are two very important issues, especially the first one.

Yeah, I started and made it better. You arent going to need 10 people. Maybe 3 or 4 people. Anyways I hosted it at http://phpboard.excibius.com/forum, so thats where the live version is! Registering up, login bugged. Working on it though!! You can post and such. We need a way better layout. But going fine right now.

Are you posting some pointless link? I looked at that forum, WOW, it looks so basic. Looks about like ours after 2 days. :), we intend to make it with loads of features and such. More features than any other forum at least!

No. We are not.

You want a 10-person team with no pay? Just out of curiosity, what are you going to be doing with the forum? Are you going to be hosting it for your own personal use? In that case, you would be the client. Or are you going to have a website where you either sell it, or give it away? Assuming you had ads on the page, either way you're going to be making money off it.And what is the difference between a lite and dynamic version, and why are two versions required?
Calm down, no we are not going to do as stated.Lite: Not very heavy, easy loading, doesn't take more than 2 seconds with a DSL modem, takes about 5 seconds with a 56K,Dynamic: Moderately heavy. About the same load time as MyBB.(Newly Added) Pro: Paid. A crapload of features. And costs about $20. As it gets better we are going to change the price.

You didn't really answer most of his questions...Are you planning to pay the people who work on it? Obviously you would be making money, and that just doesn't seem fair, especially considering that you have yet to say what exactly you are doing.If you are paying, I may be interested. :)I do web design and am moderately skilled in PHP/SQL.

Actually he did say exactly what he was doing, getting a team to create a forum. He is not paying as of now, so I guess you wont e interested. We do need several more people, and a good layout (I think chocolate is making one).

Actually he did say exactly what he was doing, getting a team to create a forum. He is not paying as of now, so I guess you wont e interested. We do need several more people, and a good layout (I think chocolate is making one).
Oh, yeah, that's a big responsiblity :) ."Look at me, I saw people are earning money from forum apps and I want to too. But I don't have skills, so instead, I'm assembling fools like you to make it for me so I can earn money. I know we don't know each other but I'm broke, so you'll have to lose your time for nothing."

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought when I first post, and it turns out that's right...I've seen this happen a dozen times before, always ending with disgruntled team members, because the team leader starts to make some money, and they aren't getting any of it.

Yes, correct, I will also be doing other inside things that you will probably notice and question. :). I can edit PHP to a spectacular level, just can barely write it. :) Here are the jobs:Adam(Me):Development ManagerPHP EditorHTML Manager/Editor/DeveloperReportingsjr:Head PHP Developer/EditorAJAX Developer/Editor(not sure yet. He hasn't said.)(not sure yet. He hasn't said.)Chocolate:Head Javascript Developer/Editor(possibly) Head Layout Manager/Developer(not sure yet. He hasn't said.)(not sure yet. He hasn't said.)___________________________________________________I now have all the teams listed:Head Developers:Adam(me)ReportingsjrChocolatePHP Developers:ReportingsjrPHP Editors:ReportingsjrAdamAJAX Developers:ReportingsjrAJAX Editors:ReportingsjrJavascript Developers:ChocolateJavascript Editors:Chocolate(X)HTML Developers:Adam(me)ChocolateReportingsjr(X)HTML Editors:Adam(me)ChocolateReportingsjrSupporters of Our Project:No one unfortunantly...:blink:And, we are planning on making a pro edition. That is how they will be paid. So we'll all make money off it. :blink:It'll be devided equally. For example, we have 3 people now. If that is all we have for the rest of this project, we will spend the money three ways. Lets say the price is $45, we will all get $15 each.PS: Post before above: Watch it....I have very VERY little temper with people like you. :)

PS: Post before above: Watch it....I have very VERY little temper with people like you. :)
The feeling is mutual.

Lite: Not very heavy, easy loading, doesn't take more than 2 seconds with a DSL modem, takes about 5 seconds with a 56K,Dynamic: Moderately heavy. About the same load time as MyBB.
God! Thats alot of downloading time. Im going to estimate less than 1 second at least for page generation time. Right now for me (broadband) the time is between .115 and .122 seconds to create the page.I just started on a nicer layout, and there are alot more features. I am adding more to it every day! Be sure to check in.

Page generation time isn't related to bandwidth, it's the time that the server takes to execute the PHP script. When I'm testing on my local P4 3.06GHz machine with 1GB ram, it's usually in the range of around 0.02 seconds for a page with a fair amount of database work on it.

Well, thats what I meant. I sometimes say wrong things. But thats what I mean, its alot of time for a web page to download. Nice computer :) *jealous*. But we are upgrading it alot. Looks better:).

It's not too bad, they have some rediculous processors out now though. But my next upgrade is another video card. My Radeon 9800XT Pro, which still runs games pretty well, isn't even listed on benchmarks any more. Whenever Crysis comes out, I'll be upgrading again.

Oh, yeah, that's a big responsiblity :) ."Look at me, I saw people are earning money from forum apps and I want to too. But I don't have skills, so instead, I'm assembling fools like you to make it for me so I can earn money. I know we don't know each other but I'm broke, so you'll have to lose your time for nothing."
One of those fools is going to warn your butt in about 5 seconds :) (Just kidding. :))Guys, can we please stay on topic? Justsomeguy, I give you official permission to go make a thread about computer stats. :blink:If he wants to create a forum, let him. There are like 30 different main brands of cars. Most of them don't have better features than eachother. That doesn't stop the brands, does it? :blink:

Nope :), we are moving along to. Who said all of the team mates wanted money anyways? I cant get any money, I dont want it either! I just want tyo work on something productive for someone. OH yeah, if I already havent posted it, the new link is http://phpboard.excibius.com/ . :)

Nope :), we are moving along to. Who said all of the team mates wanted money anyways? I cant get any money, I dont want it either! I just want tyo work on something productive for someone. OH yeah, if I already havent posted it, the new link is http://phpboard.excibius.com/ . :)
If it's only for that, wouldn't you prefer doing such an application yourself? That is, with no help from someone else. If I were you, I would lay out the foundations of the app, and THEN looking for someone in helping me get the template and usability details. Usability feedback is easy to get from anyone you show the beta app to, and the template... if the project is worth it, you will be willing to invest a little ca$h into it. If not, you might as well polish your CSS skills and hope for some "fen" of the app to make another one for you for free.