Building a website using a template

thelonerider

I have never used flash before as it has always been something I have not had time for but I downloaded 100's of templates and found some excellent ones which included some flash.I have watched the learn flash tutorials and read as much as possible and in just a day I have worked out most of what to do with the basics.What I am struggling with is the hyperlinks and how to add them to the flash. There are buttons already there so all I need is to add the url's but I absolutely keep coming unstuck!I have tried highlighting the button and going into action scripts and typing in the get url and putting in the url page in the inverted comma's which is what I thought would work after watching the videos but I am getting nowhere fast.Can anyone help me out please or is it time to go back to the boring html flat packed website building!The template is already uploaded and can be found HereThanks in advance.Jason.

electric :blink: I am also an electrical engineer :) uhmm ... I see that your links dont workwith a button , you highlighted it and open action panel by simple click the menu "Action" on screen then type these code in it : on (release) { getURL("http://............","_blank");}do this with anything you think is a button :) with the text "advances search" that is complicated one because it concerns with server script , so I cant talk more here anyway your site is very beautiful :)