style.color...?

Beta

<span style="color: rainbow"></span><script type="text/javascript"><!--var Span = document.getElementsByTagName("span");for(e = 0; e < Span.length; e++) {   if(Span[e].style.color == "rainbow") {   Span[e].innerHTML = "RAINBOW!!!";   }}// --></script>

Anyone know why that doesn't work? I'm thinking it's because "rainbow" isn't a default color...but should that even matter? o.o

<span style="color: rainbow"></span><script type="text/javascript"><!--var Span = document.getElementsByTagName("span");for(e = 0; e < Span.length; e++) {   if(Span[e].style.color == "rainbow") {   Span[e].innerHTML = "RAINBOW!!!";   }}// --></script>

Anyone know why that doesn't work? I'm thinking it's because "rainbow" isn't a default color...but should that even matter? o.o

I don't believe the HTML allows that. :)

When I run the code in Firefox it says "Expected color but found 'rainbow'. Error parsing value for property 'color'. Declaration dropped."So, in firefox, the color for the span is never set to "rainbow" so the javascript can't find a span element with that color property. If you change the color from "rainbow" to "red" in both the HTML and in the javascript it works.

There isn't, but i've made a prototype function that makes a String glow random colors at a setInterval rate....so i was trying to make it find that span tag instead of looking for a tag that i create myself :/See, this is all for an InvisionFree forum. The tag auto-parses to a span with the color value assigned to it. i wanted to try [color*=rainbow], as it creates a span with that color already assigned, so that i would have to parse the tag myself :/ but i guess theres no real way around it as the HTML doesn't even allow it :)...lol