transparent background with links

virokill

im making the background on my links transparent but the css validator gives me the following warnings:

Line : 3 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:link Line : 9 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:visited Line : 15 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:active Line : 21 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:hover

i know the page is valid but i dont want the warnings their!(viewers say it looks better without them) am i doing something wrong? also i really dont want to set a color because i have an image for the background.here is my stylesheet:

a:link{background-color: transparent;color: #323232;font-family: verdana,monospace,arial;font-size: 10px;}a:visited{background-color: transparent;color: #323232;font-family: verdana,monospace,arial;font-size: 10px;}a:active{background-color: transparent;color: #323232;font-family: verdana,monospace,arial;font-size: 10px;}a:hover{background-color: transparent;color:#7FB900;font-family: verdana,monospace,arial;font-size: 10px;text-decoration: underline overline;}
Thanks!

Sorry, I don't think there is anyway to drop these errors except by supplying a background colour to the element.These are "warnings" only, so the page is still considered validated. Clearly; the spec allows background color=transparent, but the validator still issues this warning.Not much you can do with it.