problem in installing IIS

seja_amin

i want to install iis on my pc my os is Windows XP i do this things. goto control panel-click add/remove windows component/ click iis-it will ask me for cd i insert cd it displays message file is copying but after that it displays file not found.
what version of xp do you have ?

i want to install iis on my pc my os is Windows XP i do this things. goto control panel-click add/remove windows component/ click iis-it will ask me for cd i insert cd it displays message file is copying but after that it displays file not found.
If XP Home does not have IIS will the user be even able to see above mentioned option, right??... but I have not tried this XP home... guess it could be some other error.... just a guess...

I imagine you could still see it. All versions (Home, Pro, Server) are all the same code, some is just disabled or components not placed on the CD (or so I have heard).
I have a computer with XP Home, Media and ProWith XP Home you cannot see the IIS OptionWith XP Media you can see the IIS Option but it says files are missing when you try to installXP Pro works fine as we all know.

I have a computer with XP Home, Media and ProWith XP Home you cannot see the IIS OptionWith XP Media you can see the IIS Option but it says files are missing when you try to installXP Pro works fine as we all know.
Thanks for clearing that up

I have Microsoft Windows XP proffessional version 2000on window component i see iis but when i select it and click next it will ask for cd and after i insert cd it displays files are copying and after that it displayd infocomm.dll file not copied
E:\i386\infocom (type-DL_file) can not copied