Web space...

Elevator_Hazard

The autohotkey forums do this. Why shouldn't we? We have an even greater need. The big cheeses of this site should add in a little website called w3schools.net or something for space to upload files, create websites, and such. You could easily make it better by actualy letting it be a .css file too, unlike freewebs :)Of course, this might cost too much money...But its a nice success on http://www.autohotkey.com/forum for uploading programs and having webspace for people.

Yeah, I don't think the hosting costs for that would be worth it, as it wouldn't really generate any money back, and so it's not likely to happen. Either way, you can upload single documents with your posts on this forum, you just can upload entire webpages.

• 2 weeks later...

I could see this as a neat feature, but I think that the cost of hosting, plus the demands of maintaining this thing would be way beyond the benefits that a few would gain from yet another free web host.While I know its not possible for absolutely everyone, I would recommend that everyone who is serious about doing web development purchase some serverspace somewhere. Save up a bit, and bite the bullet. Space can be had anywhere from $6/month at Powweb for 20gigs + PHP/MySQL/CGI to $3/month at GoDaddy for static pages. $3/month is only $36 for a full year, which is within almost everyone's reach.I remember when I bought my server space, it was a big deal for me (back then it was actually $100/year for 5 gigs at Powweb). I wasn't sure if I'd be able to use my space, if I had wasted money, etc. I've never regretted it, and still have my space (though now it's much cheaper, and I have far more space). I got a free, real domain name, which looks much better than something ending in .tk.Free web hosting is great for making a quick page about something to share with some friends. However, it's limited flexibility makes it all but useless for learning, and its freeness makes it totally unsuitable for business hosting.In any case, given my position, I believe it would a supreme waste of time, effort, and money for this site to attempt to add to the free web space flurry....let's instead let them concentrate on doing what they started this site to do: writing some tutorials, and maintaining the ones they have (which is more than a full time job).//Matt

• 2 weeks later...

What if there is a smalll registration fee?Might be a bit unethical!!

I mean it would be unethical to ask for money to register! Asking for money for hosting is totally ethical!!