Need help with commands like: iframe/include....

LBY

(I'm new here by the way, I started looking for English forums because all of the forums that are in my language didn't really help me..)Ok so anyway, I have been working on some kind of applicaiton in ASP for a long time, up until now I did all the programming part and now I'm starting to combain all of the pages with the design, here starts my problem.Usually I use IFrame in the design, but many people told me that IFrame isn't so good anymore and that there are better commands to use, so now there is my question, how are most of the sites on the internet built if not with IFrame?I tried to use Include, but I can't write:<!--include File=<%=Variable%>-->which makes a problem so I'm not using include,I tried to use server.execute, but I'm running into a problem because I can't pass variables trough the URL with it, for example:<%server.execute("Updates.asp?Mode=Read")%>won't workSo again my main question here is how to do it anyway?When you build a site, what do you use, and what is it acceptable to use in most of the sites?(I can manage to use Include or server.execute but it will make the code more complecated, so I prefer to check out if there is a better way before I do it)Another thing that is driving me crazy (at the same topic) is that for example in other sites the name of a news page is "News.asp", and I suppose they aren't placing all of the design in every page again, so again how they are doing it?(It's pretty much the same question as above)Thanks ahead! =}

• 2 weeks later...

I do it like this...<!-- #include file=/common/header.asp --><%here the stuff that changes on each page%>I don't get why you want to use <!--include File=<%=Variable%>-->just do a check in the header.asp file on that variable and do the changes there.<!-- #include file=/common/footer.asp -->