Please Help Me

Guest Anagh Narain

Guest Anagh Narain

I'm a rookie web designer. I know how to use dreamweaver, frontpage, flash, photoshop, audition, vegas, etc. I have seen many webpages with a login box and all that. how do i make that. after search the internet for so long, i guess it uses databases or something. so now how do i go about it. would i need to learn php, sql, asp, asp.net, cold fusion and all or is there a software which helps you make that. please help :)

I'm a rookie web designer. I know how to use dreamweaver, frontpage, flash, photoshop, audition, vegas, etc. I have seen many webpages with a login box and all that. how do i make that. after search the internet for so long, i guess it uses databases or something. so now how do i go about it. would i need to learn php, sql, asp, asp.net, cold fusion and all or is there a software which helps you make that. please help :)
It uses sessions. Here's the basic concept:
  1. Get user credentials with a form
  2. Validate them on the server with server data
  3. If validated, track their progress with a session so that pages know which user is which
  4. Design pages that only work in the presence of that session. These pages are therefore only accessable if logged in.

This is not the place to explain exactly how sessions work, there are plenty of other places which do.