Cookies in folders...

ojeffery

Hi all,I've set a cookie, which is working fine, but it's only accessable from the folder of the page I set it in (in this case the admin folder). I didn't specifically tell it to set in that folder, but it only works on files in there. I need to be able to access it from all folders in the site. What am I doing wrong? :) Cheers, Oli.

If you don't specify things like a domain and a path for the cookie, the server will set those properties. So the server is probably set up to default to "maximum security" mode or something. Just set the domain and path yourself. You can check the reference for setcookie here:http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.setcookie.phpSee the notes on that page. So, if you want a cookie that expires in an hour, available on all subdomains and all paths on the server, then it would be like this:setcookie("cookiename", "value", time() + (60 * 60), "/", ".domain.com");Make sure to put the dot before your domain to make it apply for all subdomains, .domain.com will be available on domain.com, www.domain.com, test.domain.com, etc.