First Complete Flash Site

tedvieira

I've created my first site completely done with Flash. To navigate from page to page I use the Loadmovie action for each button to load the swf file for that page. Everything seems to be working fine, but I notice that even after the swf file has loaded for the new "page," my status bar at the bottom of the browser says it's still transferring data from the website. Is this an indication that there is something wrong in my file? Like I said, everything seems to look right and functions correctly I'm just concerned that this could be a problem.Here's the site if you need to see it to know what I mean...http://www.TedVieira.com/flash/index.htmlThanks,Ted

I could see it.It doesn't look to me like your using a preloader (maybe I'm wrong).If your not them the status bar message is probably because it is still loading some parts of the movie?Just a guess.
No, I'm not using a preloader. I'm still pretty new to Flash and I haven't looked into how to make a preloader yet. I just want to see if maybe this was a common problem - like maybe if if I forgot to do something obvious that I didn't know about yet.I've noticed if the page has loaded, yet still shows the Read: www.tedvieira.com message in the status bar, if I open a new window or click over to another window that's already open, when I click back to my flash site, the status bar shows "Done," even if I just click to the new window, then click back right away. Like I said, I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything that is causing problems.Thanks for taking a look.Ted

For a preloader, stick this in the main timeline.onEnterFrame = function(){_root.createTextField("percentText", x, y, width, height);percent = int(getBytesLoaded()/getBytesTotal())*100;with(percentText){text = percent+"%";textColor = "0xFFFFFF";}I hope this works, I haven't really tested it.Asign any properties you like to the percentText.