JSP/PHP Code translation

supertrucker

I'm trying to plug a dynamic header into my PHP code, and all I currently have is this JSP code I found on theDevelopers Home site. I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me convert this code to PHP! I don't know JSP and could frankly, live quite peacefully, if I never have to learn another scripting language! For being a novice at this whole web authoring thing, I think I'm doing pretty well considering I now have a limited knowledge of, and history of, html+, xhtml, xhtml-mp, wml, wap, php... What I don't want to do IS LEARN ANOTHER!!! You can probably tell I'm a bit frustrated!I'm having fun! However, this code below here might as well be in hieroglyphics! All I need is a straight conversion in PHP.

<%String acceptHeader = request.getHeader("accept");if (acceptHeader.indexOf("application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml") != -1)  response.setContentType("application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml");else if (acceptHeader.indexOf("application/xhtml+xml") != -1)  response.setContentType("application/xhtml+xml");else  response.setContentType("text/html");%>

Thank you a thousand-fold in advance!Supertrucker :)

That code is looking in the accept header for mime types that the browser understands. First it looks for "application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml", then "application/xhtml+xml". With PHP, you can access the accept header using $_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT']. The header function sends a header. So, the code above would look something like this in PHP:

<?php$accept = $_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT'];if (strpos($accept, "application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml") !== false)  header('Content-type: application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml');elseif (strpos($accept, "application/xhtml+xml") !== false)  header('Content-type: application/xhtml+xml');else  header('Content-type: text/html');?>