problems showing query results in web-page

Taher

Hello I am a newbie who unfortunatl bought a crappy book so there's no help for me there, I hope somone here has the time to spare..here is a snippet of my code:$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM taher_artikel");while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row['titel'] . " " . $row['text']; echo "<br />"; echo " <div class=\"post\"> <h1> $row['titel'] </h1> <div class=\"box\">$row['text'] </div> </div> <div class=\"stripe\"> datum xxxxxx tid xxxx </div> "; }I know that the above code is wrong in <h1> $row['titel'] </h1> <div class=\"box\">$row['text'] </div>I have altered it in all ways I thought possible but can't figure it out. Help would be very apreciated!

Are you sure there is a column in your database entitled "titel"? Or should it be "title"?
Yea, the code is written in swedish..this code:{ echo $row['titel'] . " " . $row['text']; echo "<br />";}displays the correct thing. As far as I understand it's only when I try to place the within the <h1> tagthat it stops working.. I think it has something to do with me missplacing . or " somewhere.. but I think I have tried all (or most) of the possible ways to place them, that makes sence to me anyways..hehe, guess I shouldn't say that the code is in swedish as most of the code is in english.. but the database is in swedish..and thank you for your very fast reply!this code:$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM taher_artikel");while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row['titel'] . " " . $row['text']; echo "<br />"; echo " <div class=\"post\"> <h1> " $row['titel'] . " </h1> <div class=\"box\">text </div> </div> <div class=\"stripe\"> datum xxxxxx tid xxxx </div> "; }gives me this error:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/virtual/taher.se/public_html/visa.php on line 50where line 50 is the <h1>... lineI can't believe it!! I solved, kind of.. I don't think this is the riht way to do it but it works.. I wouldn't mind if someone who knows 'corrects' it for me.. but here is my solution to anyanone who as the same problem..$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM taher_artikel");while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row['titel'] . " " . $row['text']; echo "<br />"; echo " <div class=\"post\"> <h1> "; echo $row['titel'] . " </h1> <div class=\"box\">text </div> </div> <div class=\"stripe\"> datum xxxxxx tid xxxx </div> "; }

<?php$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM taher_artikel");while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){echo  <<<EOF{$row['titel'] }. " " . {$row['text']}<br /><div class=\"post\"><h1> {$row['titel']}</h1><div class=\"box\">{$row['text']}</div></div><div class=\"stripe\">datum xxxxxx tid xxxx</div>EOF;}?>

That's almost right, but you're mixing the different string syntaxes. Heredoc syntax doesn't need escaped quotes or string concatenation.Here is what you originally had, with some brackets added for clarity:

echo "<div class=\"post\"><h1> {$row['titel']}</h1><div class=\"box\">{$row['text']}</div></div><div class=\"stripe\">datum xxxxxx tid xxxx</div>";

That should print what you expect. When you have arrays inside a string, you need to surround them with the curly brackets. And here is the heredoc syntax to print the same thing:

echo  <<<EOF{$row['titel']} {$row['text']}<br /><div class="post"><h1> {$row['titel']}</h1><div class="box">{$row['text']}</div></div><div class="stripe">datum xxxxxx tid xxxx</div>EOF;