How does this script work(browser entry)

slomz

I have this code a friend made, and it is javascript, but I don't see any commands that I saw when going through the tutorial.

java script:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName("img"); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+"px"; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+"px"}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0)

try laying the script out more simple:

java script:R=0;x1=.1;y1=.05;x2=.25;y2=.24;x3=1.6;y3=.24;x4=300;y4=200;x5=300;y5=200;DI=document.getElementsByTagName("img");DIL=DI.length;function A() { for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){  DIS=DI[ i ].style;  DIS.position='absolute';  DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+"px";  DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+"px"; } R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0);

it uses HTML DOM .. so that's probably why you don't see many of the commands you learnt.i'm guessing with it starting with "java script:" it's being stored in the element (eg. ....onclick="java script:R=0.....") so you will have to keep it as you have it now.

it uses HTML DOM .. so that's probably why you don't see many of the commands you learnt.
Yeah, most of the time when you are using javascript to do various things with a webpage, you are actually using the HTML DOM. I'd guess that about 70% of client-side scripting (if not more) is HTML DOM rather than javascript. Go through the tutorial here: http://www.w3schools.com/htmldom/default.asp