Html forms vs downloading forms

rjapz

Hello, im new to this forum. I need help; I have a friend who's a real state broker, and im building his webpage for his company. I would like to know, witch is a best way in getting forms to the client's to fill. He wants to put a down load link on his page for the client to download the form he created using MSword. But I know for a fact that the only way he can get back those forms after the client filled them out, to print it. Scan it, then upload then attach it, then email it to him, or the regular mail with stamp. Witch I know would take much longer. But I think cloning it on to his form page, using cgi script or <form action=mailto: will work better and quiker. What do you suggest?

Might want to look at using php to process the form information and then save the info onto a Database or a flat file. Keeping the input on the server would make it more interactive and accessable. Clients are less likely to forget to mail it back, and the results from mailing a form can be a bit ugly.

The good news is, you have several options. The bad news is, each cost your money or skill that you may or may not have. So, here are a few bullet pointed:

• Click a button and download a Word doc that has instructions on how to submit the form (email or snail mail)
  • Download a PDF and do the same as stated (more universal)
  • Create/download a PDF with submit button to email form to specified address
  • Learn a scripting language (asp, php, coldfusion) and have the HTML form processed by it on the server

What is important to note is that IF you use an online form, you will have to investigate the use of SSL - secure socket license. This will encrypt the information being posted so that it is very very difficult to decode if it happen to be intercepted by some jerk with too much time on their hands (a.k.a. hackers). Since you mentioned real estate, you better make sure you are using SSL on your forms or you (yes as the web developer) could be held accountable for the theft of information by way of your application.BTW, these are ordered from least desirable first to most desirable mentioned last.