Music Files

virtualadz

• 4 weeks later...

Just for sake of learning how, I recently put background music tags to my html code for my website on Awardspace like this:

<bgsound src=Trio_Con_Brio-Bach_Double_Violin_Concerto_1st_mvt.mp3 loop=1>

(I found out mp3 files are banned items so it didn't work. No problem there. :) )However, it worked when I viewed my page from my PC via "file" and "open", that is, not through Awardspace. But now it I can't even hear the music. I don't know whether it's a code problem, a file problem, or a program problem. I updated my Windows Media Player during all of this, but I don't know whether or not this is relevent to my problem.I joined a "music host" (iWebMusic) similar to Photobucket.com; they give me the tags to paste into my htmllike this:

<!--Begin iWebMusic.com Code --><script language="javascript">var nid = "39406"; var dj = "1";</script><script src="http://www.iwebmusic.com/s/1.js"></script><!--End iWebMusic.com Code -->

But I would perferably like to use the "bgsound src" or "embed" tags.How can I fix it so that I can hear the music again when I test my code in action via "file" and "open"? :)

Seriously! Do not use background-music! If they're not able to start the music themself, they'll leave your Web site.
Look: Just because music is annoying doesn't mean it shouldn't be learned. :) I don't like music in backgrounds either...BUT--I need help to know how to do it properly, at least.Besides I haven't marketed myself enough to have visitors yet. I'm still experimenting. Please be reasonable with people who want to learn, fellow andersmoen. :) iWebMusic does NOT give the user option to control the sound with a "start and stop button"--that's why I tried the "embed" tags...but something happened to where it doesn't work.
delete attributes like height and width if you made it hidden
I did that too...I've experimented with various codes but I still can't get the sound when I go though "file" and "open" on the toolbar.Like I said it worked before, and I would like to know whether it's a file problem, a code problem, or a program problem (i.e., updating Windows Media Player).Why doesn't the "embed" tags work anymore?Btw, how do I convert MP3 files to MIDI?

Thanks...that gives me plenty to experiment with.But, I'm guessing that the "object" tag only applies with videos.My problem is: I experimented with BOTH "background src" and "embed" tags worked when I FIRST experimented with them by opening up the TOOLBAR "file" and "open..."--It worked.Pardon me for sounding redundant, but what caused it to not work any more when I test my code in action?Is it because I updated the WMP program? Here's a link to my website.As mentioned, I would prefer to NOT to go through iWebMusic, but since the codes don't work anymore this is what I have to do.Can ANYONE relate to this oddity of "broken codes"? :)

• 2 months later...

ive had the same problem with the bgsound tag only workin in IE i no it doesnt work in firefox but i dont know a way around that, and i see on ur page ur usin the quicktime media player.... its upto you and it may just be for testing but those security pop ups that come up realy annoy me lol id advise using an alternative player like WMP or flash... if u want flash lemme no i t a good lil music player u can use :)