misrepresent TCP/IP

Guest skybitscom

Guest skybitscom

This is how it is presently stated.TCP/IP is the communication protocol for the Internet.TCP and IP have been around much longer than the Internet. The younger generation should be taught up front that TCP/IP was not created "for the Internet." It is "used" as the best communication protocol on the Internet. The OSI 7 Layer Model is really the meat and potatoe of what is going on. It deserves a mention in the training material, and then a link to more extensive training on the OSI Model, if one preferred.My computer and electronic education began in 1985, and continued over the years. I have seen it change in many ways. I love your site overall and appreciate your contribution. With that, I ask you to please change this sentence, so students do not get the idea that TCP/IP only exists for the Internet.Suggestion:TCP/IP is the best communication protocol of choice for the Internet.Seasons Greetings,Laura GullettCleveland, OH216.255.6579www.skybits.comresume: http://005f902.netsolhost.com/lauraresume.html

so you are a teacher and when you first with your education , I am just 1 year old :) to me , I think that protocol is for network and nowadays we have two network 1. telecommunication network (Internet in it)2. industrial networkthe first network has Internet Protocol in Network Layer and Tranmission Control Protocol in Transport Layerthe second network also has TCP but IP is stand for Industrial Protocolso ... doesnt it mean TCP/IP is the only one for Internet :) I think you will correct my idea soon ( I still vague about them ) :)

This is how it is presently stated.TCP/IP is the communication protocol for the Internet.
TCP and IP have been around much longer than the Internet. The younger generation should be taught up front that TCP/IP was not created "for the Internet." It is "used" as the best communication protocol on the Internet.
How come both of this two aren't correct? I mean, TCP/IP may have not been created, but it's still "used", right? Well, if so, then this means the above is true. If it needs any corrections, it could be
TCP/IP is the communication protocol for the Internet, even though it wasn't initially created for it.