Digital Camera

aspnetguy

Sorry if this is not allowed, I know some forums are very strict about these things.Does anyone know alot about digital cameras?Here is my problem:I was given a digital camera because of known defect (the person was given another camera as a replacement and was not required to return the original).The camera seems to have trouble with batteries. The batteries can be fully charged and within minutes the camera will say they are dead and shut off. A few minutes later if I turn it back on It might say half full and last an hour.It seems to random with no specific pattern.Has anyone incountered this problem before???Any ideas on what it might be or how to fix it, if it can be?Thanks

take your friends receipt back to the store with your camera and get a new one!!:)I'M KIDDING - sorry if that spat of humor offended anyone - they have ways of finding out so its really not that realistic.Anyway, the only thing I could suggest if to do your research a a local photography store like WOlf or Ritz Camera - someone who specializes in it and see what they prescribe. My guess is that it would be a chip on the "motherboard" of the camera. If the manufacturer would rather replace the camera then the part, then the part if probably deeply integrated into the camera and hard, if not impossible to replace/repair.Thats my $.02 - so I guess I would just assume that you couldn't fix it and deal with it if the camera is that good - i.e. a Canon Rebel XOS 8 megepixel.:)

You aren't going to believe this...I found out what the problem is...the battery cover...lol.If I press up on the cover the battery power goes back to normal...I bent the prongs a bit and it works fine...haha...I can't belive the company would replace the camera free....allow the customer to keep the damaged one and not even check it out.This is so funny and awesome since I got a free digital camera...for nothing!!!

You aren't going to believe this...I found out what the problem is...the battery cover...lol.If I press up on the cover the battery power goes back to normal...I bent the prongs a bit and it works fine...haha...I can't belive the company would replace the camera free....allow the customer to keep the damaged one and not even check it out.This is so funny and awesome since I got a free digital camera...for nothing!!!

WOW - Happy Holidays to you right!!:)