referencing external xml

Guest cygnus

I was wondering, what is the syntax to refer an xml file inside another xml file. currently i am using "file" eg.<contacts><phones><file type="xml">Allphonenum.xml</file></phones><emailids><file type="xml">Allemailid.xml</file></emailids></contacts>here i have a contacts as my primary xml file and i would like to use multiple external xml file and would refer the secondary files in my primary xml. Is it possible for primary file to list all the elements from the secondary file. I am using eclipse as my ide, but it is not listing out all the elements from the secondary file though.Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks

There isn't any way for your XML editor to know what your XML is. XML as you (most probably should) know doesn't have any fixed elements. You define them. That is why applications can't do anything with your XML before they know what it is and that's what different XML parsers and transformation languages are for.You may use XInclude or XLink, but in both cases, your editor might again be unable to show you the contents of the included file. If that editor has XLink and XInclude support, plus an XML parser, it might be able to do so, but it will never do it automatically.