some idea to make a form for post new topic

xbl1

hello; :):):) i 'd like to ask you some like idea to make a submit foum which we use in this forum for postting new topic, please.some question as following;1) like the top bar of sign- B I U S etc, are they make by button and using in submit form or something else.2) If i highlight a sentence in the textarea, and then click on the a buton for the sign of B, and then the sign of B- and will come out, and the sentence will sit between then automaticaly.how can i do that?do i need a action listener to listen whether i highline a senetnce? and how can the two signs suddenly jump up and sit in the right, position?3) before i display these masage on the screen, do i need to one word by one word to check whether they have special sign like B I U link etc.Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Javascript is used to do all of that, not PHP. You can look at the source of the page and find the javascript responsible for this. To wrap tags around a highlighted string, you just replace the highlighted string with the same thing, plus a tag on the beginning and a tag on the end.