anyone know how to make a submit form like the post new topic?

xbl1

Hello; :):):) i 'd like to ask you some questions to make a submit foum which we use in this forum for postting new topic, please. some question as following;1) like the top bar of sign- B I U S etc, are they make by button and using in submit form or something else.2) If i highlight a sentence in the textarea, and then click on the a buton for the sign of B, and then the sign of ['b'] and [/'b'] will come out, and the sentence will sit between then automaticaly.how can i do that?do i need a action listener to listen whether i highline a senetnce? and how can the two signs suddenly jump up and sit in the right, position?3) before i display these masage on the screen, do i need to one word by one word to check whether they have special sign like B I U link etc.Thanks

2) Check out this page, it explains how to get what the user has selected:http://www.quirksmode.org/js/selected.html3) It's probably just a replace:

// replace [b] with <b>content = content.replace(/\[b\]/g, "<b>");// replace [/b] with </b>content = content.replace(/\[\/b\[/g, "</b>");