xhtml border

primefalcon

I seem to be having 1 problemin the following code:<frameset cols="121,*" border="0"> <frame src="left frame.html" name="leftFrame" scrolling="no"/> <frame src="right frame.html" name="rightFrame" scrolling="auto"/></frameset>the border="0" code which I've highlighted has problems verifying in xhtml yet when i remove it which the validation says i should do, I get a white line down the frame border.is there any way to stop this from happening yet still conforming to the xhtml standard?

By using CSS. Try

<frameset cols="121,*" style="border: none;">

If that doesn't work, add this in your head element:

<style type="text/css">frameset {border: none;}</style>

dang i still have the white lineand when i do a validation i get the following error message Below are the results of checking this document for XML well-formedness and validity. 1. Error Line 36, column 30: there is no attribute "border" . <frameset cols="121,*" border="none"> You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead). This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information. How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.

Thanks for posting the error message, now I know why the border attribute is not working.Did you try using CSS?I see <frameset cols="121,*" border="none">It should be <frameset cols="121,*" style="border: none;">

I've tried that only problem is i still seem to be getting that white line down the border. and thats in both firefox and iethats the bit i don't understandborder="0" or border="none" solve the issue but of course it doesn't conform to the xhtml validation

Try

<frameset cols="121,*" style="border: none; margin: 0; padding: 0;">

[edit] No wait... that doesn't work. Hm... are you sure you have the XHTML 1.0 Frameset DTD?The reference to that DTD looks exactly like this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">

[/edit]

it conforms but its sitll giving the white line here's the source code i made:<!DOCTYPE htmlPUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd"><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><meta name="keywords" content="runescape,runescape help,rune scape,runescape tips,mmporpg,blog,jagex,runescape guide,maps,tutorials,hints,tips,online games,games,multi-player games,guide,help,forum,rpg,game player" /><meta name="description" content="this is my blog on primefalcon" /><meta name="Author" content="Brad and Marlaine Floyd" /><meta name="robots" content="index,follow" /><meta name="ROBOTS" content="ALL" /><meta name="revisit-after" content="7 days" /><meta name="Classification" content="blog,journal,runescape" /><meta name="Copyright" content="2006 copyright" /><meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no" /><meta name="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" content="TRUE" /><title>Primefalcon's blog</title><link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="images/psymbol.ico" /></head><frameset cols="121,*" style="border: none; margin: 0; padding: 0;"> <frame src="left frame.html" name="leftFrame" scrolling="no"/> <frame src="right frame.html" name="rightFrame" scrolling="auto"/></frameset></html>the rest passes validation and causes no problem but the frameset either has the white line or if i use the border="0' or border="none" then it doesn't pass validation.by the way i appreciate all this advice thank you

Still cant seem to sort this problem out, I've been looking around and asking questions, it seems this is one problem a few people are having.<edit> I think until this is solved I'll go back to standard html 4.01 but if anyone has any solution, it would be highly appreciated thank you </edit>

I tryed validating the first sample (with 'border="1"') and it validated perfectly. What validator did you used again? A link to the page?

border="1" does validate perfectly border="0" doesn't but I haven't found any other way to hide the white line on the frameborder without doing border="0".so I'm stuck with 1 validation error or a white line atm for xhtml and i used the xhtml validator on w3schoolsOk heres the validation link:http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%....freehostia.com

Oh noooooooooooooo....aaahhh rames ... my eyes are burning....help me ..... frames are EVILBTW: Try specifying the border of the frame in the CSS

frameset{  border-width:0px;}

will this work??? :)