How to search on XML document ?

nobitavn94

Hi all ,Suppose I have an xml file having the struct as follow :<?xml ver="1.0" encoding...><MQA><QAs level="A"> <QA id="1"> <Q> --content of a question---</Q> <O> <a>option 1 </a> <a>option 2 </a> <a>option 3 </a> <a>option 4 </a> </O> <A> option 1</A> </QA> <QA id="2"> .... </QA>...<QAs level="B">...</QAs></MQA>With a given key word ,I want to find out what what QA tag has this key word.This mean that I want to search on xml document.Thank you so much !

If you want case sencetive search, you can just use the contains() function in an XPath expression like this:

//QA[contains(.,$keyword)]

where $keyword is of course the word to search for.The way with which you initiate this search would depend of your environment. In PHP for example, see the DOM functions.If you want case incencetive search, the deal is almost the same, but you'll have to translate() both of the arguments into one case.

• 4 weeks later...

You know what I was thinking about with a search...you recently told me that it's not possible to "highlight" text when you do an XML search. But I think I believe otherwise.I haven't tested it but I'm pretty sure it will work...Using tokenize function... tokenize("$keyword", "\s+")and so on...Does that make sense?