Persistant Session Cookie

redwall_hp

I'm using an SMF (simplemachines.org) forum on my website (the boards at www.siteofrequirement.com/forum). I seem to be having a problem with a persistant session cookie or SOMETHING. SMF has a file called SSI.php. It allows you, when included (or required) with PHP, to access certain features of the board on other pages of your site. If you login on the forum, you're taken back to the forum as is usual. If you login on my test page at www.siteofrequirement.com/logintests/test1.php you have an odd problem, though. If you login then logout you stay on the test page as is correct, but if you go over to the forum after doing that you have this weird problem. Login on the forum (now that you've logged in and out on the test page). No the forum for some reason takes you back to the test page instead of the forum! What's with this? On the SMF forum (where no one has replied after a month), not many others seem to have this problem. Is it something with the server? How can it be remedied?

• 2 weeks later...

It might be saving the last-visited page in the cookie and sending you back there. Check what is in the cookie. Use a browser that will let you inspect the cookie easily (like Opera or Firefox) and check what is in the cookie. You may want to change how the login works if it is doing something like that.