Name a frameset?

tuffguyswearpink

Hi. I was just wondering if it's possible to name a frameset? What I'm doing is making a website where the homepage has links with multiple frames, and on mouseovers on the first page, different frames will change. But, I also want it so that when I click a certain link, it will open up in a frame that spans where 5 frames are on the main page. Those 5 frames are housed within a single frameset, so I thought if I could rename it, then I could just target that name and it'd open in the full section.Or, if that's not possible, is there any other way of doing it? (I hope my explanation made sense.)

I am not understanding what you need. You can only have 1 frameset on a page so you could easily get it with JS like so.var frameSet = document.getElementsByTagName('frameset')[0];
Thanks for the reply. I'm kind of unable to understand JS; could you help me out with where to put that, and if it will help in this case. Here is my code for the page that the frameset is on:<Frameset Rows="123,32,26,312,*" border="0"><Frame src="top.html" name="top" border="0" scrolling="no"><Frame src="menu1.html" name="menu1" border="0" scrolling="no"><Frame src="submenu.html" name="submenu" border="0" scrolling="no"><frameset cols="132,130,121,457,184" border="1"><frame src="concept1.html" name="concept" scrolling="no" NORESIZE><frame src="choices1.html" name="choices" scrolling="no" NORESIZE><frame src="change1.html" name="change" scrolling="no" NORESIZE><frame src="none.html" name="none" scrolling="no" NORESIZE><frame src="about1.html" name="about" scrolling="no" NORESIZE></frameset><Frame src="bottom.html" name="bottom" border="0" scrolling="no"></Frameset>The frameset with the columns is the one I'm wanting to name so that when I click a link within the submenu.html page, it will replace all the frames within that frameset with a singular frame. So, concept, choices, change, none and about would all be combined to allow a page to fill the full width.

does that code validate with multiple framesets???
Everything seems to work okay in Firefox and IE. I've just been stumped on getting past my own coding. :) Maybe if there were a way to auto-resize the frames to allow one frame to be resized to the full width, and the others to zero, so they are virtually hidden; that could work. (I'm just making things up as I go along, not really sure if any of it's possible.)