how to prevent images from saving along with html files,

soibaal

Dear friendsi am a web site designer. I wish to protect my html page layouts with images on it.1> If a user saves the html file (file menu save as) he will get the html file with no images. The images will not be copied to his computer.2> Also if the html layout is muddled on saving it will be pretty helpful.many thanksbapi

I dont think there is any way uo can do that. Also if any person has opened your webpage then She/He already has all the images sotred somewhere in the internet explorer/firefox temporary folder. And if that person is willing he can take all the imagefiles from there. Give me your sites URL and I will try to extract images possible :)

While not offering absolute security, the combination of several tricks creates protection that certainly adds a great level of difficulty to circumvention.Once secured by HTML Guard, the files retain their original appearance and pages can be viewed in any common JavaScript enabled browser.
This is basically saying that it is impossible. HTML Guard will make it harder to copy the data, but it doesn't prevent people from working around that to copy the data. It'd be like locking the door on your car. Most people wouldn't be able (or wouldn't try) to get past the lock. But if someone really wanted in, it wouldn't be too much trouble for that person to get in and steal the car.

really easy way:put the images in swf's you could make a flash gallery or something
I would use the PrtSc (Print Screen) button and get it anyways.

If you don't want anyone taking your images/code (whatever) then I would not make a web site at all.If a person wants something, they will find a way to get it. There is no way to prevent that. Even if your site is done with flash. :)

yep there will always be one way or another to get themi suppose you would be looking to make it harder for people to download images rather than stopping them outright. look at youtube if people really want to download the videos they can find a way but probably alot of people dont because they dont know.

And since the image is being displayed on my computer, by definition, a copy of that image (unless you go the swf route) has been saved to the hard disk on my computer. Watch the HTTP headers on a request to a web page. One request goes for the HTML file, one for each CSS file, one for each JS file, and one for each image. The actual image files are already being saved on the visitors' computers when they view your site.I agree with what S@m said: If you don't want anyone taking your images, then don't put it on the internet.An alternative (which I personally find rather ugly, but who am I anyways?) would be to use watermarks on your images. Nobody would want to download an image you had on your website if there was a giant "bapi's image" splattered across it. Do a search on Google if you don't know what a watermark is or how to use them.