Error in PHP

supertrucker

This is a useless topic, but I figured I'd give some of you experienced php'ers a laugh.Is it possible to write code in php without generating at least one script error? I've been playing around in PHP for about a month or two now and have not yet found that to be the case!Peace,Supertrucker :)

Well yes its possible and should be the goal of every programmer, to write a script with no errors other wise you just making something that is not stable.When I sit down and write a script i usually have several errors to fix some very simple mistakes such as not closing a bracket on a control structure or typing a varaible a diffrent name then how i used it before. But dont think of errors as bad things its a good way to learn and expand your knowlege. When I come across an error i do several things. First I stop and think why is that an error, is a logical error, syntex error. Then I step through the code line by line to see why its producing and error. If i have to i get out a peice of paper and write out what my variable is doing. And If i still cant figure out what is going on thats when i come to forums to ask, for other. Sometimes a second pair of fresh eyes is what needed to see where you went wrong.Errors are just a process in programming we have to deal with but they are also a good learning experaince to understanding the rules of a speicific language. Thats my take on it .

Hehe, i remember when i started to code, i was so confused becouse i allways forgot that } at the eds of thigs.. and i dident know that the error was that :) so i used about 10hours searching the net for error names but i just found other things :)But i found it later and now i allways check if i have forgotten it before i update the page :) its not many times i get a error free page but it gets better all the time :blink: hehe...-> Kristian_C