DHTML Window Script

Selacius

With all the problems I am having in trying to get my modeless window to work, I think I will try this one out:http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow.htmThe only problem is, I am using a framed layout and well when I click the link to open this type of window, it opens in my menu frame, which I don't want. Could any of you possibly tell me where I can modify so that the link opens in one of my other frames?Thanks.

With all the problems I am having in trying to get my modeless window to work, I think I will try this one out:http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow.htmThe only problem is, I am using a framed layout and well when I click the link to open this type of window, it opens in my menu frame, which I don't want. Could any of you possibly tell me where I can modify so that the link opens in one of my other frames?Thanks.

You have to make sure that each of your frames have id's and names.If they don't, edit your main page, which holds the frames, and add the following to the menu frameset: id="menu" name="menu" . Now add this to the main frameset: id="main" name="main" . Here's the part you go to if you already named the framesets.Say that you want a link called "cats and dogs." This would be the stuff:<a href="link url..." target="main">cats and dogs</a>Add the target thing to each link that you want to open in the frameset named "main."If you want it to open in a different one, change the main target="main" to whatever the frameset is named. Be sure to put both the ID and NAME attribute, so all types of browsers will be able to handle it.

I know how to target frames using normal links. If you were to look at the url of the page, then you would see that it opens a DHTML window in that frame. What I am trying to do is have it so that the DHTML window opens in a certain frame instead of the one which it is called from.