RedBB.net hosting....

BSG

sorry, I have to :) - I know you have to start somewhere, but omg:

Dec 29  2005, 02:35 PMWe are happy to announce that first person to make an hosting account will have a full-phpBB board under that username! We offer full mod and hacks!Just another reason ---RedBB
but in this industry you don't outright advertise that you have no clients. You always make it sound like you've been in business for some undisclosed about of time.
We offer little downtime
operative word - little and offer. how about promise or guarentee?I'm sorry, I am all about helping startups, but this just crys out "I'm doing this 'cuz I can not cuz I know what I am doing".I've worked for someone like this and I have hosting with a service like this - its most likely third party hosting (they use someone elses network and rely on them) which is never a good way to go.Sorry RedBB, I can't give you a thumbs up - especially since you have:
  • two links label "HOME" in your left navigation
  • six of the eight links in your navigation are broken
  • you've already told me you have no clients
  • no terms and conditions to know if you are keeping my information I submit private and not reselling it to your affiliate or advertiser (note not plural)
  • too many "coming soon" promises
  • no SSL used when signing up
  • you "muli-host"/"image uploader" thing does nothing but take my image that I upload - where did it go?
  • you have '); characters accidently appearing after a </script> tag so it is the first thing that appears on the site.
  • did I mention none of your links work - oh yeah I did.

WARNING - don't start a hosting service at 4:00 in the morning when you're drunk!I need to stop there . . .