Xml Creation And Validation

tecnitek

Hi,I've been studying XML, DTD and XSLT. I wrote some dtd's and xml now. What would you use in linux to create xml and validate them against dtd, or apply transformation with xslt stylesheet? Is there any good editor to do that?I've heard about xemacs (or emacs, don't know exactly the differences ), what would you advice?Thanks in advance.

I'm using Kubuntu 8.04 and I too am looking for a good editor within which to do a lot of my web stuff. I've just recently downloaded Quanta Plus through Kubuntu's add/remove program list, and it looks pretty good and has some nice features that sound like they might hit your target.In addition to HTML and CSS, it has in its XML tools an XML validator and XSL processing unit which incorporates the XSLTPROC tool, and Quanta Plus also includes a PHP debugger, which sounds kind of nifty! Now mind you, I've just downloaded it and I'm looking at it and a lot of other editors I downloaded through Kubuntu's add/remove developer's software, so I can't tell you it's the best (because I've just not had time to test out all the other editors). I can only tell you I've not seen other editors yet with an XML validator and XSL processing unit and PHP debugger all in one editor and all in open-source software. If you download Quanta Plus, look in the Help menu's User's Manual for quick access to the features I've mentioned here (they're all detailed there).Happy coding to you!

Hi, thanks for the info.After getting no answers, I tried to start with emacs, wich is a simple editor. But there's a package called psgml for emacs. By installing it, you can work with the xml mode, it lets you validate xml documents against their dtd, schema... reporting you the errors if they exist. I think it's a good choice, but I'll take care of your recommendation too.Thanks!

Archived