First site, a few problems

StrangeRocker

Hi guys!Soo, my parents own a swimming pool, and they really need a new site. So I'm building one for them ^^ But I came across a few problems, googled a lot but couldn't find anything that could help me..This is the old site:------ and this is the one I'm working on: sportiek.webs.comThe problem is, as you see, that my drop down menu doesn't behave as it should. It pushes the rest of the page down and I can't edit the size and color of the submenus.That's the main problem. I'm also not sure if the site works on earlier versions of IE.. and it has to work there because a lot of our customers still use them.(wow my English is bad. excusez moi. I'm Dutch, that'd be the problem ;))Ok, back to the topic.At first I wrote the site XHTML, after that I found out HTML5 is the new standard and rewrote the site. Then I came to realise that older versions of IE and other browsers don't work with HTML5 and downcompatible didn't work, so I rewrote it again to XHTML. And now I'm stuck-sort of. Anyone help? (How's my html/css? very messy or is it ok?)

The problem is, as you see, that my drop down menu doesn't behave as it should. It pushes the rest of the page down and I can't edit the size and color of the submenus.
all problem is found here => style.css in style at line 398you have:
div#menu a {	display: block;	width: 100px;	height: 30px;	margin-left: 10px;	padding-top: 15px;	background: url(images/img05.jpg) repeat-x left top;	font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;	text-decoration: none;	text-align: center;	font-size: 16px;	font-weight: normal;	color: #FFFFFF;	border: none;}

width ore height must be biger i sugest width => your text is spookybackgraund color you cant change becose there are allredy image => background: url(images/img05.jpg) repeat-x left top;P.S.I hope my English is so good, so you understand :)

Archived