off topic rule?

gongpex

Hello everyone Today when I visit this forum I had read some thread, but there is thread ,that moderator said :please try to avoid off topic argument" then the thread is locked. here this thread : http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=46640 Q : actually off topic prohibited or allowed on this forum ? Hope moderator answer my question thanks

isn't it obvious? This is a website development forum, the point is talk about web development.

Edited by thescientist

In other words, don't start a thread that's off-topic, and don't hijack a thread to talk about politics or your family. OTOH, no one really objects to a joke now and then, especially when the question a thread is about has already been answered. The biggest problem with the thread you mentioned is that the comments got personal and nasty. There are other development forums where nasty is normal, but this is a friendly forum.

So in other word, off topic is prohibited?? (if so, I really sad), I ask off topic (sometimes) just to make myself and moderator just for relax but still serious, imagine, when you learn something, and you too serious without relax can you capture and understand what did you learn? If me, I cannot capture and understand what I learn if too serious, I need some relaxation like talk something or etc, But if I ask off topic my question never offend someone or insult someone thanks for reply . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If it's an off topic that has indirectly to do with web development/design, we may allow it, and occasionally have done so.But if something is completely unrelated, we're locking it out right.Examples of things that, despite me liking them, I'd close off for being off topic: Computer games, Yu-Gi-Oh! (everything...), Sonic The Hedgehog (everything...), cats.... oh, and if someone starts going "me too", you'll force me to lock this topic :lol: .