<li> bullets in IE

jwermont

Hi,My HTML file has an unordered list, and in IE, the bullets are coming out bottom-aligned for multiple-line items. That is, the bullet appears to the left of the bottom-most line in each item, rather than next to the top-most line. (They are top-aligned, as they should be, in Firefox and Netscape.)Here's the style definition I'm using for the <li>:li { text-align:left; width:560px; font: 12px "bookman old style"; padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; }I have no style definition for the <ul> tag - maybe I need one? It's not the padding, btw. This happens even when I take the padding definition out.Is this a known problem in IE? I've never seen this before. My browser is IE 6.0.2800.1106.Thanks!J. Wermont

Hi :)You might use some style for the markers of the ul, they can be found in the CSS tutorial :( Go to CSS2 References and you'll probably find what you're looking for :)

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I was unable to find anything in the CSS2 reference that addressed this problem. The <ul> style parameters are mostly for the shape and position ("inside" or "outside") of the bullet, and not for the vertical alignment. It looks like an IE bug to me, since it works fine in two other browsers, but since IE is so widely used, there must be some workaround for it (which I fear might make the page look bad in other browsers...)There's also nothing in the list of <li> style parameters that addresses this issue (that I could find!).Look here, first in IE, and then in Firefox or Netscape:http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/portfolio/webdev/resume.htmlThe problem bullets are about halfway down the page, where the bulleted items are more than one line long.Thanks!Joyce Wermont

• 1 month later...