display certain data from sql to php

Kovo

I want a specific query that will go to the specified name and display its corresponding data on the page, the table looks like this: (beta, so dummy text) untitledoi0.jpgSo I want my particular page to display the 'data' of gg for example.I tried this, but I know im so wrong:

<?phpinclude ('config.php');    MYSQL_CONNECT("localhost","$mysql_u","$mysql_p");    mysql_select_db("$mysql_db");	$query  = "SELECT data WHERE name LIKE gg";$result = mysql_query($query);while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))    {  $data = $row['data'] ;  echo ("$data");	}	MYSQL_CLOSE();?>

any ideas?

Guess its the $query, You dont have to user LIKE, its better to use "=" if you know the "name" for sure..... $query = "SELECT data WHERE name = 'gg' ";
thanks, but it still seems to disagree wtih meWarning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /mnt/w0300/d41/s44/b02877b8/www/kovo.ca/kp/documents2.php on line 13

im so sorry, we missed the table name completly..... it should be $query = "SELECT data FROM tblname WHERE name LIKE 'gg' ";
Again, thank you for your time and paitence, but yet still, i recieve the same error. Odd no? Do I need that fetch assoc line?

There are few changes needed..... one in the echo statement in the while loop.... while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { $data = $row['data']; echo ("$data"); }change it towhile($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo $row['data']; }check this link, it should help.....http://us2.php.net/mysql_fetch_assoc
alas, to no avail, but its ok, thanks for ur help neway, ill try and figure this one out