Create Forum (VBscript)

wooikeim

Hello, I'm currently developing an e-learning site which contain students, tutors and admin. i need a simple forum that just can post new topic, reply on topic, where integrate in each of their page. can anyone kindly tell me what to do? i'm stuck, well i'm just a beginner.

well you need to design some tables for your database.topics-------------topicIdtopicNametopicContentuserIdreplies-------------replyIdtopicIdreplyContentuserIdusers--------------userIduserNamepasswordthat is a very basic structure for a simple message board system.

well you need to design some tables for your database.topics-------------topicIdtopicNametopicContentuserIdreplies-------------replyIdtopicIdreplyContentuserIdusers--------------userIduserNamepasswordthat is a very basic structure for a simple message board system.
I'll try on it first, any problem will let you know. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, can you explain more detail? I not really understand the flow. A bit blur here.In my situation, after i successful login then the forum should in the main pageQuestion1)why need topic_id, reply_id, reply_content?2) The topic_name in the forum should put in hypperlink or what?3) How could i retrieve the topic name from the database and display in the system?

here is a very basic tutorial (it is in PHP but the same concepts apply to ASP). The threads are not divided into categories like this forum but this should give oyu a good start.
Where is the tutorial? do you mind give me the link so that i can redirect there. thks