how to make auto redirect while opening a web browser

vadder85

no, it would have to be set as their browsers default homepage. There is no way (without infecting their computer with your program to hijack their browser homepage which I am sure people wouldn't like :))

Try this.....<head><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=RedirectPage.ext"></head>OR<head><script Language="JavaScript">location.href= ('RedirectPage.ext');</script></head>
I think he means as soon as you open a browser your default homepage is overriden to go to his page.

Oh, now I understant the question, sorry about that pervious post. you can have a option for the user to set your page a homepage.. something like "click here to set this page as default page"http://javascript.internet.com/miscellaneo...-home-page.html
well..tq 4 all the info..but suddenly i was thinking that I if could set my server to make all user must have to view my default page first before they could go anywhere...any possibilities?

As I said you would have to do it using sneaky tactics. It would annoy me if websites automatically tried to do that. Actually now that I think of it some spyware/domain reselling sites try and do that but the browser shows a popup asking you to confirm it anyway so no you cannot do it without the person knowing.

well..tq 4 all the info..but suddenly i was thinking that I if could set my server to make all user must have to view my default page first before they could go anywhere...any possibilities?
Are you talking about when a visitor first comes to your website you want to insure that s/he is directed to your default page before they can view any other page in your site?I would think that you could accomplish this with cookies and a javascript that was loaded on each page.Idea: Build a javascript that would be included on each and every page of your site. This javascript would look for a cookie in the visitor's browser to see if s/he has been to the site yet this session. If so, let them continue his/her browsing. If not, redirect the visitor to the default page using the location.href method mentioned by pulpfiction. Then, once the user loads the default page, set a cookie in their browser that expires at the end of the session indicating that the visitor had visited the default page and was free to navigate around the rest of the site. Once the browser session ended, the process would begin from the start and the visitor would be forced to see the default page.If this is not what you're talking about then you need to listen to aspnetguy and realize that what you are asking is impossible (and rightly so).