Forum topic

mc_keny

hey guys hears the thing i make a forum and its working and every thing i need a lil help though i want when a user post in a topic the topic move up says its way down the bottom and you post in it, it come to the top

When you query all the forums, sort them by date. You do store all topics with their creation time, right?

Have another column for last_post_time, which is updated every time someone posts. Then sort according to that column.

yeah i did that so your saying when a user post just update the creation date for the topic? if so whats the query for ordering them by date? eg mysql_query("SELECT id,name FROM mc_topic WHERE fid='".$did."' ORDER BY date_cr DESC");?

Can do it like this (change names etc to your own codes):

| Topic | Poster | Last Poster | Posted date | Last post date |<?php $forum=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM forum WHERE forumname='$_GET[forumname]' ORDER BY lastpostdate DESC");while($forumfetch=mysql_fetch_object($forum)){echo"| $forumfetch->title | $forumfetch->poster | $forumfetch->lastposter | $forumfetch->datemade | $forumfetch->lastpostdate |}?>

hope that helps and works :)...- DJKDra

Archived