Problem With Accent (á, é, ő, ú, Etc.)

budaiviktoria

I have trouble with using letters like á, é, ő, ű, etc. I have to use these characters on a website, eg. this word: Dereszlánál -> I wrote this: dereszl%E1n%E1l When I wrote the text in the notepad, I just simply changed the word Dereszlánál (its Hungarian:-) to that , but it doesn't work, and when I save the text with this, it blocks the link, I cannot open it on the website. Can I ask for help, please? Thank you!

If you want to write that word out for the user to see you should use entities (or just use a character encoding that supports it). If you want to use that as part of the URL, the way you wrote it is fine - we would need to see the code.

If you want to write that word out for the user to see you should use entities (or just use a character encoding that supports it). If you want to use that as part of the URL, the way you wrote it is fine - we would need to see the code.
Hello Synook, Thank you for the reply. Altough I am at a very basic level, and I don't really understand what you mean. Would you mind explaining it a little more? Thanks

Archived