I Can't Figure It Out...

Mokushi

It's probably a basic thing, but then again, my knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript is pretty basic. So my question is this.What I did was created a small text box on my page, contained in the [form] tags. I wanted to make it so the user can type a URL in this text box, and when they submit it, it redirects a different frame to that URL. However, I don't know how to get it o work >_<Maybe a n00b like me shouldn't be trying to do this >_<

it should just be a matter of setting the frames src to the URL, which should be easily accomplished with Javascript. You might need an ID to target the frame in Javascript, and then change its src by using an onClick function on the <a> element. You might need to refresh it too in order for it to display.

it should just be a matter of setting the frames src to the URL, which should be easily accomplished with Javascript. You might need an ID to target the frame in Javascript, and then change its src by using an onClick function on the <a> element. You might need to refresh it too in order for it to display.
OK, I think I know how to do that... I'll reply once I've given it a go... Which could be a while; I don't have access to my laptop at the moment >_<

Archived