Several Troubles

facesoflife

I am working on www.thethunderbar.comI used a template. I can not figure out why when you click on the menu it jumps around. You will see what I mean when you go the site. Any suggestions about this or any other things you see are appreciated. I did notice that the red gradient is not showing across the top or bottom of the page. Any suggestion would be great. Also on the thunder wear page the images are not showing up. ThanksKathryn

That would be related to your CSS definitions - like the margin or padding of your anchor tags being difference from the visited link, versus the other states.Thank should get you started.

Look here:

#menu a {	display: block;	float: left;	text-decoration: none;	text-transform: lowercase;	font-size: 1em;	font-weight: bold;	padding-top: 5px;	padding-right: 33px;	padding-bottom: 5px;	padding-left: 33px;}#menu a:hover, #menu .active a {	padding: 5px 19px;	background: #2F1A1A url(images/img2.gif) repeat-x left bottom;	border: 1px solid #1E1010;	border-right-color: #7A6D6D;	border-bottom-color: #7A6D6D;	color: #FFFFFF;}

These describe the same elements in normal state and hover state. Hover state has different padding (and a border). That's going to make it jump. Specifically, the left/right padding is a huge difference. But even the 1px border will have an effect.

Archived