Help.

psutherland2012

I am currently in a web design class through North Dakota Center for Distance Education. I am having trouble with my assignment, and my teacher is really no help. I am supposed to make a table that looks like thisU2_TFA.gifIf you could please help me with this, it would help a ton.Thanks, anthraX

We (usually?) don't do class assignments carbonly. However, we can give you hints on completing it yourself. In your case, look carefully at the "td" element's colspan and rowspan attributes. Using them in some cells is the key to completing your assignment.

We (usually?) don't do class assignments carbonly. However, we can give you hints on completing it yourself. In your case, look carefully at the "td" element's colspan and rowspan attributes. Using them in some cells is the key to completing your assignment.
Ok. I am just having trouble putting them in the spots that I want... The lesson that the teacher has given me is not very good. It does not tell me anything about using ROWSPAN and COLSPAN within some cells.

O...k... maybe he instead wants you to use a nested table, i.e. a table within a table cell. That's even easier to do. Create a 3x3 table, copy it, and paste it within the second cell on the second row.

That image doesn't look like a nested table though; there is no double border.

If the inner table has no border, and there aren't any margins and paddings, I think it could look like that.Then again, better not take that path and do use rowspan and colspan. Look at the examples from W3Schools (linked above). They're pretty much self explanatory. Try them out, and if you fail, show us some of your attempted code, and we may suggest something.

If someone could help me past this, I would finally finish my class. I have everything done but this. And I have followed all the directions perfectly... I dont know what I am doing wrong.

Again: show us some of the codes you have attempted. You know, the failing ones. Chances are you were pretty close all the time. Don't expect anyone to just give you the complete solution.

Archived