anyone know c++?

aspnetguy

if I do this

#include <iostream>using namespace std;int main(){	int i;	int arr[4];	arr[0] = 5;	arr[1] = 10;	arr[2] = 15;	arr[3] = 20;	int len = sizeof(arr)/sizeof(arr[0]);		for(i=0;i<4;i++)	{  cout << arr[i] << endl;	}	cin.get();	return 0;}

len equals 4 (the size of the array) like it should.Let me point out I am doing this because c++ arrays have no function to get the length of the array except sizeof(arr)/sizeof(arr[0]). So I want ot write a function to handle this.If I do this

#include <iostream>using namespace std;int ArrayLength(int[]);int main(){	int i;	int arr[4];	arr[0] = 5;	arr[1] = 10;	arr[2] = 15;	arr[3] = 20;	int len = ArrayLength(arr);		for(i=0;i<4;i++)	{  cout << arr[i] << endl;	}	cin.get();	return 0;}int ArrayLength(int theArray[]){    return sizeof(theArray)/sizeof(theArray[0]);}

len equals 1. It is like theArray[] is not getting the contents of arr and is declaring a new array or something.I am just starting to learn c++ and if anyone can explain this it would be a big help because I pass arrays to functions alot and need to know how to do it the right way. Thanks,