PHP error message that I don 't understand

gregaryb

If I leave that block of CSS commented out then the rest of the CSS (with PHP echo filling in various values) works.

But as soon as I uncomment that first bit of CSS I get a PHP syntax error message on this bit of code:

font-family:<?php echo $_SESSION["LinkFont"]; ?>

What has that CSS code got to do with PHP on the server?

All the preceding bits of CSS where I have used echo to fill in values passes OK.

So what the ###### is going on here?

/*	#NavMenu{		    list-style-type:none;		    margin:0;		    padding:0;	}	#NavMenuItem{		    list-style-type:none;	}*/	#NavMenuItem a{			behavior: url(CSSPie/PIE.htc);		    display: block;		    position:relative;		    background-color:#<?php echo $_SESSION["LinkColor"]; ?>;		    border-top-color:#<?php echo $_SESSION["LinkBorderColor"]; ?>;		    border-left-color:#<?php echo $_SESSION["LinkBorderColor"]; ?>;		    border-bottom-color:#<?php echo $_SESSION["LinkBorderColor"]; ?>;		    border-right-color:#<?php echo $_SESSION["LinkBorderColor"]; ?>;		    color:#<?php echo $_SESSION["LinkFontColor"]; ?>;		    font-family:<?php echo $_SESSION["LinkFont"]; ?>;		    font-size:small;		    left:0px;		    width: <?php echo $nButtonWidth; ?>px;		    height:30px;		    line-height:30px;		    vertical-align:middle;		    padding-left:10px;		    margin-top:-10px;			    		    border-style:solid;		    border-width:thin;		    border-color:#<?php echo $_SESSION["LinkColor"]; ?>;		    border-radius:3px;	}		

I just figured out what is causing this.

It has nothing to do with the code. It is bloody Microsoft Expression Web chucking a hissy fit and inserting double quotes in inappropriate places and removing ?>.

But it does not display these changes so you have no way of knowing about them.

I closed Expression Web and opened the file and found the code screw ups.

If I edit the code with notepad - no problem!