style not working in Firebox, but works in IE 6+

bubazoo

Hey guys,I am having trouble getting this to display correctly in Firefox.Works fine in IE 6 and 7, but i can't get it to work in Firefox?this is how its supposed to lookshot.gifand this is whats happening in Firefox/Mozilla :)crop2.gifThe CSS code I'm using for this is:

img.gravatar {	float: left;	margin-top: 4px;	margin-right: 8px;	padding: 2px;	width: 40px;	height: 40px;	border: 1px solid #ccc;				background-color: #E0E1CE;}div.commentmeta {	float: left;}div.commentname {	margin-top: 10px;	font-size: 14px;	font-weight: bold;}div.commenttime {		color: #000000;}div.commenttext {	clear: left;	padding-top: 1em;}#commentlist li {   list-style-type: none;   margin-bottom: 10px;   padding: 10px;   background-color: #E0E1CE;   border-top: 1px dashed #999966;   border-bottom: 1px dashed #999966;   }

and the XHTML is this

<ol id="commentlist">		<li id="comment-<?php comment_ID() ?>">		   <div class="commentmeta">			  <div class="gravatar">the question mark image here</div>			  <div class="commentname">jayme</div>			  <div class="commenttime">Date, Time line here</div>		   </div>			 <div class="commenttext">														The rest of the text here			 </div>	</li></ol>

Anyone know what I am doing wrong here? Looks fine in IE, just firefox as you can see from the screenshots :)thanks

try putting

float:left;

in div.commentname, and/or

display:inline;

to img.gravatar.i hope this works/helps.I've found from experience (as have a lot of other people) that coding for firefox first, and then correcting errors in IE is easier than vice versa

try putting
float:left;

in div.commentname, and/or

display:inline;

to img.gravatar.i hope this works/helps.I've found from experience (as have a lot of other people) that coding for firefox first, and then correcting errors in IE is easier than vice versa

cool, I tried
float: left

in div.commentname, but that didn't work, so I tried

display: inline;

and that worked perfectly. weird I never would have thought it was that simple.thanks :)