Help me please

Guest thedude123

Guest thedude123

ive seen it done before but i was wondering can anyone write me a HTML code so that i can have a website as my desktop background and i dont mean an offline version using active desktop. I mean so that i can have the website as a background to save me from loading my browser thanks and all help would be greatly appreciated :)

You can have a single page in the desktop by right clicking on the desktop and select "Properties". From there, select the page "Desktop". Click "Customize Desktop". Select the "Web" page. Click "New..." and in the new window, add the location of the page you want.This however doesn't place an adress bar on that page. Or is that actually what you need? An HTML page with an adress bar, that you can then place on the desktop using the above method? If so, here's a sample "page browser" I just wrote for you :) :

<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function changeSource(){var adress = document.getElementById("adress").value;document.getElementById("frame").src= adress;}</script><style type="text/css">* {margin: 0; padding: 0;}iframe {width:100%; height: 100%;}.history {width: 3%;}#adress {width: 84%;}#submit {width: 8%;}</style></head><body><form action="java script:changeSource()"><input class="history" type="button" value="<" onclick="java script:history.back()"/><input class="history" type="button" value=">" onclick="java script:history.forward()"/><input id="adress" type="text" value="http://"/><input id="submit" type="submit" value="GO!"/></form><iframe src="about:blank" id="frame"></iframe></body></html>

If you just change "about:blank" to whatever home page you want, save that as HTML file locally and call it as an active desktop, you'll have something like a browser.P.S. I'm just starting with Java Script, so don't expect me to be able to add additional features to this :) .Note: you'll also have to remove the space between "java" and "script". This board leaves out a space as a security measure.